Tridel® is Canada’s leading developer and builder of condominium residences with more than 85 years of homebuilding experience. To date, the Tridel Group of Companies is responsible for producing over 87,000 homes. Tridel is determined to develop condominium communities that meet the needs of today’s homeowners while safeguarding the well-being of future generations. The company is working to meet this goal by focusing on innovation including environmentally sustainable design, performance in construction, and corporate stewardship.
Tridel is committed to building the highest quality condominiums possible and has won virtually every award in the industry for design, customer service, sales, marketing, and construction excellence. Tridel looks forward to continuing the long, proud history of award-winning excellence with over 20 new condominium communities currently under development in the Greater Toronto Area.
About The Role
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist (the "AP Specialist") to join our Project Bookkeeping team. Our AP Specialist will be responsible for full-cycle accounts payable processes, various account reconciliations, cost code analysis, customer invoicing, as well as supporting department improvement projects and initiatives. This role will be performed in person at our Head Office located in North York.
The main responsibilities of our AP Specialist will be to:
· Assemble site and head office purchase orders to incoming invoices
· Conduct 3-way matching of purchase orders, shipment receipt documents, and invoices, working closely with the various procurement teams
· Invoice processing for both purchase order invoices and non-purchase order invoices, with correct coding in accordance with the budget to ensure proper entry into the financial system
· Reconcile contract invoices to ensure purchase order line items align with contract details and holdback
· Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approvals prior to payment (WSIB, statutory declarations, site approvals, and contract status);
· Process bi-weekly payroll invoices, cheque requests, utilities, and cost code transfers
· Capture charge back information and reconciles monthly intercompany A/R billings to other entities
· Assist with the processing of month-end accruals
· Investigate and resolve problems associated with the processing of invoices and purchase orders
· Assist the Project Accountants with external audits of financial statements by providing related documents and various summaries and reports; and
· Communicate, both verbal and written, with vendors and internal departments to obtain information, respond to inquiries, and resolve issues in a timely manner
About Our AP Specialist
The AP Specialist must have a solid understanding of accounts payable principles, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail at all times. Oftentimes, our AP Specialist will need to balance several projects at once at various stages. Time management and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rigid deadlines is where they thrive. They are a strong verbal communicator and active listener.
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting or currently enrolled in an accounting program or working towards a business diploma
· Minimum 1-year of work experience in a high-volume Accounts Payable position, preferably within the construction industry
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is an asset
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office [Word, Excel, and Outlook]
Interested in the position? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: AP Specialist.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of aboriginal descent to apply. Upon your request, we provide accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you request an accommodation, HR will reach out to consult with you so that we can tailor our arrangements to suit your needs. In addition, all new employees are advised of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.