Our Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for full-cycle accounts payable processes, various account reconciliations, cost code analysis, and customer invoicing. They will support department improvement projects and initiatives, and engage in monthly accruals, all while maintaining open communication with vendors and internal stakeholders.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Project Bookkeeping our Accounts Payable Specialist's responsibilities will involve:
· Assembling and matching purchase orders with incoming invoices.
· Conducting rigorous 3-way matching of purchase orders, shipment receipts, and invoices.
· Processing various invoices, ensuring accurate coding and entry into the financial system.
· Reconciling contract invoices to align with purchase order line items and contract details.
· Reviewing invoices for proper documentation, approvals, and compliance.
· Managing bi-weekly payroll invoices, cheque requests, utilities, and cost code transfers.
· Capturing charge-back information and reconcile monthly intercompany A/R billings.
· Assisting with month-end accruals and contributing to external audits of financial statements.
· Effectively communicating with vendors and internal departments to resolve inquiries and issues.
Our Accounts Payable Specialist must have a solid understanding of accounts payable principles, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail at all times. Oftentimes, our Accounts Payable Specialist will need to balance several projects at once at various stages. Time management and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rigid deadlines are where they thrive! They are a strong verbal communicator and active listener.
· Post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting or currently enrolled in an accounting program or working towards a business diploma
· Minimum 1-year of work experience in a high-volume Accounts Payable position, preferably within the construction industry
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is an asset
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office [Word, Excel, and Outlook]
Tridel® is one of Canada’s leading developers and builders of condominium residences, building homes since 1934. Tridel is a member of the Tridel Group of Companies, which is responsible for delivering over 89,000 homes to date. Tridel develops socially and environmentally responsible condominium communities. Guided by its ‘Built for Life®’ commitment, the company invests in innovations that promote sustainable design, high performance in construction, social inclusion and cohesion, and community economic development.
Tridel is committed to building high-quality condominiums and has won awards for excellence in design and construction, green building, corporate social responsibility, diversity, equity and inclusion, customer service, and more. Tridel was recently named Builder of the Year by the Ontario Home Builders’ Association (OHBA) and Green Builder of the Year by the Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD).
Tridel continues its history of award-winning excellence with more than 20 new communities under development in the Greater Toronto Area, representing over 6,500 condominium suites in the marketplace.
The Tridel Group of Companies is one of Canada’s largest privately held residential real estate groups. The Group consists of several operating companies focused on diverse areas of real estate, including development, sales, construction, property management, and other related real estate services.
For more information, visit tridel.com.
Our Inclusive Workplace
Tridel is committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit) to apply.
Tridel is committed to providing accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process upon request. If an applicant requests an accommodation, Talent Development will consult with them to make arrangements to accommodate their needs. We advise new hires of our policies for accommodations.