Tridel is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk (the "AP Clerk") to join our Project Bookkeeping team. The AP Clerk will be responsible for various projects including but not limited to ensuring trades are paid within tight deadlines, invoices are inputted accurately and communication with site employees and construction management is kept consistent and timely. This role will be performed in-person at Tridel's Head Office located in North York.
Tridel® is Canada’s leading developer and builder of condominium residences with more than 85 years of homebuilding experience. To date, the Tridel Group of Companies is responsible for producing over 87,000 homes. Tridel is determined to develop condominium communities that meet the needs of today’s homeowners while safeguarding the well-being of future generations. The company is working to meet this goal by focusing on innovation including environmentally sustainable design, performance in construction and corporate stewardship.
Tridel is committed to building the highest quality condominiums possible and has won virtually every award in the industry for design, customer service, sales, marketing, and construction excellence. Tridel looks forward to continuing the long, proud history of award-winning excellence with over 20 new condominium communities currently under development in the Greater Toronto Area.
The main responsibilities of the AP Clerk will be to:
· Match invoices to purchase orders and ensure proper cost code allocation;
· Data entry of vendor invoices;
· Ensure all invoices are approved by department managers prior to processing;
· Process cheque requests and utilities daily;
· Prepare monthly accounts payable cheque run;
· Investigate and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues;
· Correspond with vendors; and
· Other accounts payable duties as required.
About Tridel's AP Clerk
Oftentimes, the AP Clerk will need to balance more than 10 projects at once at various stages. Time management and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rigid deadlines is where they thrive. They are a strong verbal communicator and active listener. They are someone that has impeccable attention to detail with an analytical aptitude and problem-solving abilities.
· 2-3 years experience in a high-volume Accounts Payable position, preferably within the construction industry;
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is an asset; and
· Experience in Microsoft Office Suite [Word, Excel, and Outlook].
We advise new hires of our policies for accommodations
Interested in the position? Please send your resume and cover letter indicating why this is a perfect role for you to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: AP Clerk.