Tridel® is Canada’s leading developer and builder of condominium residences with more than 85 years of homebuilding experience. To date, the Tridel Group of Companies is responsible for producing over 87,000 homes. Tridel is determined to develop condominium communities that meet the needs of today’s homeowners while safeguarding the well-being of future generations. The company is working to meet this goal by focusing on innovation including environmentally sustainable design, performance in construction and corporate stewardship.
Tridel is committed to building the highest quality condominiums possible and has won virtually every award in the industry for design, customer service, sales, marketing, and construction excellence. Tridel looks forward to continuing the long, proud history of award-winning excellence with over 20 new condominium communities currently under development in the Greater Toronto Area.
Meet Our Next Bookkeeper
We are looking for a Bookkeeper to join our Project Bookkeeping team. Our Bookkeeper will require in-depth bookkeeping and accounts payable experience. The role will consist of maintaining a series of standard accounting, bookkeeping and accounts payable records for construction projects.
This role reports directly to the Manager of Project Bookkeeping.
The main responsibilities of our Bookkeeper will be to:
- Reconcile sub-ledgers against the General Ledger on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and other account reconciliations
- Prepares monthly HST supporting schedules for remittance and enter information into the HST module
- Prepares and enters bank deposits
- Prepares various accounting summaries and reports
- Assists the project accountants with external audits of financial statements by providing related documents, entering general journals, providing various summaries and reports
- Periodically performs other functions and special projects as assigned by manager and accountants
About Our Bookkeeper
Our Bookkeeper is both is someone that has impeccable attention to detail with analytical aptitude and through problem solving abilities. They thrive in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with rigid deadlines. Our Bookkeeper can work independently, organize and prioritize efficiently and is customer focused.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar bookkeeping role, preferably within the construction industry;
- Completion of Diploma or post-secondary education in Accounting/ Bookkeeping;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is an asset; and
- Experience in Microsoft Office [Word, Excel, and Outlook].
We are doing our part to ensure that our employees (and future employees) remain healthy, safe, and at home to reduce the spread of Covid-19. During this time, most employees are working from home or doing a blended model of at home and in-office work in accordance with government and Public Health guidelines. Until further notice, this role will continue to operate under this model however, our intention is to resume regular business practices post COVID-19 when it is safe to do so.
How does this effect hiring and onboarding?
Our interview and onboarding processes have remained relatively the same, except that interviews and onboarding sessions are conducted through video platforms.
Our Inclusive Workplace
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and ersons with disabilities and persons who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Metis or Innuit) to apply.
Tridel is committed to providing accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process upon request. If an applicant requests accommodation, Talent Development will consult with them to make arrangements to accommodate their needs.
Interested in the position? Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Bookkeeper