Company Name: Compass Canada
Job Type: Full-Time & Part-Time; Monday – Friday (may need to work weekends)
Location: York University
Prepares food in accordance with applicable corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare, pre-cook and/or cook food products as directed.
· Prepare "mise en place" (setting in place of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc) and other products as required for high volume production.
· Clean kitchen equipment after use according to health and safety policies and procedures.
· Label, date, store and rotate food and beverage products in appropriate storage areas.
· Communicate effectively with all appropriate operational departments.
· Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment, or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
· Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
· Proven cooking experience, including experience as a restaurant cook or prep cook.
· Food Safety Certification required.
· Certificate from a recognized cooking school.
· Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures.
· Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
· Familiar with industry’s best practices.
· Able to work independently and as part of a team.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
· Previous cooking experience required.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Interested in the position? Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject: Cook