At Tridel, we’re all about community, and while we are best known for our sustainable, quality home building, one of our greatest strengths is the work we do in fostering social connections that lead to greater trust, inclusion, cohesion and economic development.
We are growing our team and need a committed, energetic, social and passionate Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Employment Coordinator to join the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team. We are a purpose- driven team that genuinely believes that we are changing the world one community meeting, initiative, or new employment opportunity, at a time.
As a new addition to our team, your role is critical in supporting the lead Managers who will mentor and share their experience while working side-by-side to develop your skills. You will directly report to the Employment & Community Partnerships Manager with a joint reporting relationship to the Corporate Social Responsibility & Impact Manager and will be instrumental in changing the lives of community residents who seek training, skills development, and employment.
You will also be involved with key community and corporate leaders and their teams to advance CSR initiatives like Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), Environmental Social Governance (ESG) and other projects like Indigenous Reconciliation.
The primary focus of your role will be to provide support of/with:
· Case management, career coaching and employment referrals for all Tridel’s Community Economic Development (CED) initiatives;
· Resident engagement of all project communities;
· Employee engagement within the Tridel Group and Tridel customers;
· Administration, tracking, monitoring, reporting and research for all CSR/CED activities;
What Will Make You Successful :
While we welcome diversity and creativity in all that we do, there are some key qualities that we know are essential to your success and the team’s. They are:
· Authentic interest in advancing positive social and environmental change through meaningful relationships;
· Flexibility and agility to work independently or in groups, and in multiple locations (ie. events, head office, on-site or at home);
· Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills;
· Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines;
· Ability to work independently and take initiative to accomplish goals
· Positive and professional attitude that’s open to multiple levels of collaboration;
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders.
Do you have all or some of these qualities? Do you want to learn and develop them? We believe in continuous improvement and that if you have purpose, passion, and a sincere drive to succeed, we welcome you to express your interest.
What We Value in Addition :
· Educational background in environmental studies, social services, community development is preferred;
· Experience with community engagement or community development is an asset;
· Experience working with underserved communities, equity-deserving populations, and/or social housing residents is an asset; and
· Research, editing and proofreading skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
Priority consideration will be given to candidates from Toronto Community Housing (TCHC) Revitalization Communities.
Other Things to Consider.
The CSR team is critical to the organization especially in conflict resolution and in bringing alignment between diverse groups with different interests. By definition of the role, we work when and where we are needed to ensure our employees and customers are informed and engaged in our CSR and CED initiatives. This means that we sometimes have irregular work hours and also work remotely from multiple locations.
Tridel® is Canada’s leading developer and builder of condominium residences with more than 85 years of homebuilding experience. To date, the Tridel Group of Companies is responsible for producing over 87,000 homes. Tridel is determined to develop condominium communities that meet the needs of today’s homeowners while safeguarding the well-being of future generations. The company is working to meet this goal by focusing on innovation including environmentally sustainable design, performance in construction, and corporate stewardship.
Tridel is committed to building the highest quality condominiums possible and has won virtually every award in the industry for design, customer service, sales, marketing, and construction excellence. Tridel looks forward to continuing the long, proud history of award-winning excellence with over 20 new condo communities currently under development in the Greater Toronto Area.
Interested? Please provide us with your resume as well as a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating why this is the perfect role for you. Also, while Tridel does offer some work location flexibility to its employees, the company highly values in-person collaboration and interaction. As a result, this role is may be expected to be performed primarily in the office once it is safely possible to do so.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons who self identify as indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit). Upon your request, we provide accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you request an accommodation, HR will reach out to consult with you so that we can tailor our arrangements to suit your needs. In addition, all new employees are advised of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.