Position: Interior Designer
Job Type: Full-time; Fixed-term (24-month contract)
Location: Both remote and in-person at Tridel’s Head Office, and various sites across the GTA.
Salary: Varies within the industry
Tridel® is Canada’s leading developer and builder of condominium residences with more than 85 years of homebuilding experience. To date, the Tridel Group of Companies is responsible for producing over 87,000 homes. Tridel is determined to develop condominium communities that meet the needs of today’s homeowners while safeguarding the well-being of future generations. The company is working to meet this goal by focusing on innovation including environmentally sustainable design, performance in construction, and corporate stewardship.
Tridel is committed to building the highest quality condominiums possible and has won virtually every award in the industry for design, customer service, sales, marketing, and construction excellence. Tridel looks forward to continuing the long, proud history of award-winning excellence with over 20 new condo communities currently under development in the Greater Toronto Area.
About The Role
Our Interior Designer works well in a fast-paced team with strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills. They are a highly developed creative, technical, innovative, and analytical thinker, and where quality plays and important aspect in everything they do.
Reporting to the Principal Designer you will be responsible for:
· Supporting the effective marketing of each community, working in collaboration with various consultants and teams including Project Management, Design Services, and Customer Care
· Providing technical design direction with generated drawings, concepts, and furniture plans including electrical and lighting layouts using AutoCAD
· Overseeing the building of model suites and sales offices, including finishes, features, specifications and team coordination, site visits, and scheduling of model suite installers
· Supporting the In-Suite Design Program through the creation of colour boards including kitchen & bathroom shop drawings, finishing packages, and all in-suite design specifications
· Regularly complete on-site follow-up including review of mock-up suites, and walk-through to ensure compliance with standards and specifications
· Accessorizing model suites for marketing photo shoots; and
· Attaining budget pricing for features, millwork, lighting, and furniture
Qualifications and Skills
What you will bring:
· Graduate of a recognized school of interior design/architecture/architecture technology
· Accreditation with ARIDO and/or IDC
· Minimum 3-years experience in interior design and staging
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Revit
· Valid driver's licence and access to transportation for a site visit
Interested in the position? Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject: Interior Designer.
We are committed to
employment equity and encourage all people, including women, visible
minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of aboriginal descent to
Upon your request, we provide accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you request an accommodation, HR will reach out to consult with you so that we can tailor our arrangements to suit your needs. In addition, all new employees are advised of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.