We are looking for a Senior Project Accountant (the "Senior Accountant") to join our Project Accounting Team. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for all project accounting and reporting including project profitability, financial working papers, project cash flow statements for a portfolio of projects in various stages of development.
Tridel® is Canada’s leading developer and builder of condominium residences with more than 85 years of homebuilding experience. To date, the Tridel Group of Companies is responsible for producing over 87,000 homes. Tridel is determined to develop condominium communities that meet the needs of today’s homeowners while safeguarding the well-being of future generations. The company is working to meet this goal by focusing on innovation including environmentally sustainable design, performance in construction, and corporate stewardship.
Tridel is committed to building the highest quality condominiums possible and has won virtually every award in the industry for design, customer service, safety, sales, marketing, and construction excellence. Tridel looks forward to continuing the long, proud history of award-winning excellence with over 20 new condominium communities currently under development in the Greater Toronto Area.
Working collaboratively with both internal and external partners, the main responsibilities of our Senior Accountant will be to:
· prepare bi-monthly project cash flow projections and year-end project financial working papers;
· actively participate in status review meetings with various departments by addressing issues and concerns on the cash flow model;
· put together a bi-monthly status report for each project including profitability statement, assumptions, timelines, support schedules, and variance explanations;
· develop monthly partner reports and loan draw requests;
· report and present to partners on financial projections and project status report issues; and
· ensure loan requests are in accordance with legal agreements and reflected in project cash flow.
About Our Senior Project Accountant
Our Senior Accountant is someone that is well organized, proactive, and has excellent communication skills. They can think logically and have a customer satisfaction-focused approach to problem-solving. They are also someone that has a strong desire to learn the business and thrive in a complex and ever-changing environment.
· CPA Accounting Designation
· Minimum 3 -5 years accounting experience
· Intermediate work experience with MS Office Suite
· Intermediate work experience with DocuSign and Adobe
· Real Estate experience would be an asset
Interested? Please provide us with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating why this is the perfect role for you. During this time, most employees are doing a blended model of at-home and in-office work in accordance with government and Public Health guidelines. Until further notice, this role will continue to operate under this model however, our intention is to resume regular business practices post COVID-19 when it is safe to do so.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of aboriginal descent to apply. Upon your request, we provide accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you request an accommodation, HR will reach out to consult with you so that we can tailor our arrangements to suit your needs. In addition, all new employees are advised of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities