Over eight decades of construction and the creation of 87,000 homes has taught us a thing or two about building communities and creating consumer relationships. We like to think of ourselves as 85 years young because, despite our long and proud history, we are always looking to improve, grow, and innovate. At Tridel, to be and remain the market leader, it takes teammates that view their work as more than just a career. We build homes and beautiful, safe, healthy sustaining communities where the genuine care and outstanding experience of our customers is our greatest mission.
Meet Our Next Service Technician
We are looking for a Service Technician to join our Customer Care team. The Service Technician is responsible for completing work orders and service calls while working with clients, Property Management, and trades. The Service Technician is responsible for general troubleshooting/ diagnosis and repairs including drywall repair, minor fixture & millwork repair, painting, caulking, minor flooring, grouting and minor plumbing.
This role reports directly to the Manager, Quality Assurance & Warranty, Customer Care Home Orientation and will working closely with our Customer Care Team and Management to complete our client’s requests.
The main responsibilities of the Service Technician will be to:
· Perform hands-on broad range of repairs in a timely, professional, and safe manner
· General troubleshooting/ diagnosis and repairs including drywall repair, minor fixture & millwork repair, painting, caulking, minor flooring, grouting and minor plumbing
· Communicate proficiently and professionally with the Supervisor, Co-workers, Clients, and trades
· Review work orders and execute required tasks accordingly
· Complete repairs in-line with Tridel values and standards and submit completed work orders daily
· Practice safe and professional driving habits when traveling in company or personal vehicles
· Ensure all safety procedures are followed on a daily basis
· Conduct Homeowner Orientations (PDI) as required
· Perform other related duties as required
· Conduct Homeowner Orientations (Pre-Delivery Inspections) as required
· Conduct inventory suite inspections and follow up with Team Lead and C3 regarding their completion.
· Order material when necessary
· Contribute to and participate in social media/web promotion of the company
· Assist and support other job functions as required
About Our Service Technician
Our Service Technician is someone who has strong troubleshooting abilities and is highly capable in applying effective hands-on solutions. They have outstanding customer service skills, exceeding customers’ expectations, and strong time-management skills with an ability to work both independently and as a member of a larger service technician team.
· Education/Experience: Relevant post-secondary education and/or previous industry experience preferred
· Essential Resources: Must have a personal vehicle (must be willing to use personal vehicle for work), valid Driver’s License, and good driving record, and must have own tools
· Customer Focus: You understand that providing an exceptional customer experience is what guides you and in all that you do
· Integrity: You continuously demonstrate personal integrity throughout all daily activities and demonstrate ownership and accountability in your actions
· Decision Making: You have proven analytical and critical thinking skills and experience in making smart decisions to benefit your customers, your team, and your company
· Problem Solving: You have demonstrated success in resolving complex escalations and issues in a fast-paced environment
· Organization: You have strong organizational skills and can stay focused on multiple ongoing tasks while using your available resources efficiently and effectively
· Communication: You have strong customer-focused oral and written communication skills and experience with cross-departmental communication
· Quality Minded: You strive for quality with a strong drive towards continual improvement & risk mitigation
· Teamwork: You are a strong team player who is open minded, resourceful, flexible, and adaptable to change
This is a permanent, full-time position. Typical working hours are Monday-Friday from 9AM to 5 PM, with additional coverage for afterhours and weekends based on customer need required on a rotating basis.
Your work location will be a Tridel community within the GTA and neighboring regions. Flexibility may be required to work at multiple Tridel communities based on team need.
Tridel is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Tridel is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Please inform any member of our team should you require accommodation during the application and recruitment process.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
Tridel is committed to providing accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process upon request. If an applicant requests accommodation, Talent Development will consult with them to make arrangements to accommodate their needs.
We advise new hires of our policies for accommodations.
Interested in the position? Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject: Service Technician.