Position: Sous Chef
Job Type: Full-time; Permanent
Location: Delmanor Wynford (Don Mills, ON)
At Delmanor our team members are dedicated to delivering the Delmanor Experience to our residents and their guests. If you share our passion for excellence and are looking to build your career with a dynamic company, in a long-term growth industry, then we want to hear from you.
What you will do:
· Assist the Culinary Services Manager in planning, organizing, directing, and supervising the Culinary Services Department
· Ensure cleanliness of the kitchen and safe food handling procedures are followed in accordance with Public Health and other relevant regulations
· Prepare meals and coach/instruct new team members in food & drink preparation
· Participate in Culinary Services team meetings and resident meetings
· Other duties as required
What you bring:
· Red Seal Chef certification
· 2 years’ experience working in a retirement, hotel, or restaurant setting with large quantity food preparation
· Experience directing and supervising other employees
· Computer proficiency and good English communication skills
· Knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures
Interested in the position? Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject: Sous Chef — Delmanor Wynford.
Delmanor is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, free
of discrimination and harassment. We provide equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants regardless of race, colour, religion,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin,
genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We encourage all people, including
women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons who self
identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) to apply.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation, we would like to work with you to meet your needs.