Position: Transportation Analyst Intern
Job Type: Student Internship
Duration: September – December 2022
Who We Are:
BA Group provides transportation planning and engineering services to public and private organizations. We craft thoughtful plans and solutions for the movement of people and goods in urban environments. We are transportation specialists focussed on sustainable urban land development, recognizing the impact of transportation systems and elements upon communities.
Any facility that attracts traffic – pedestrian, bicycle, transit, trucks, or cars – requires expert planning and design. BA Group works with clients and colleagues to assess and improve transportation elements while also planning for the effective design, development, approval, and continued operation of a Project with the public’s interest in mind.
· You are passionate about transportation and mobility;
· You are currently enrolled in a program pursuing a degree or diploma in a post-secondary institution. Area of focus related to transportation, civil engineering, or urban and regional planning is desirable, but not required;
· You are proficient in written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment;
· You are proficient with data analysis and technical assessment;
· You possess strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
· Coursework and/or extracurricular activities related to transportation planning are highly desirable.
Our Student Opportunity:
At BA Group, our students work collaboratively alongside our staff to learn the industry and the tools that we use to successfully deliver our projects. Our teams are multi-disciplinary, with a broad mix of experience levels and skillsets.
Students have the opportunity to undertake tasks and responsibilities as part of the project team. They’re fully immersed in the consulting sector and will gain first-hand experience with the fundamentals. Students can expect to work with multiple project managers and apply their skillsets to support technical analysis (e.g., data analysis, review of site plans, policy research, transportation forecasting, etc).
Each student is paired with a professional as part of our student mentorship program, designed to help explore urban transportation planning and engineering principles with a specialized focus for the duration of the work term. Mentors regularly check-in and answer any questions related to current project work or professional development.
Your responsibilities will vary from day to day and will be defined on a project-by-project basis. You will be responsible for communicating regularly with your project manager and project team members to ensure completion of project goals. Successful students often return for subsequent work terms and as full-time staff.
Major Responsibilities and Learning Opportunities:
As a Transportation Analyst:
· Organize and execute traffic surveys and other project-related field work, such as existing conditions assessments, field measurements, or general observations
· Use and learn current technologies, standard traffic engineering tools and programs to conduct analysis and summarize data.
· Research planning policies and transportation studies, online and in-house
· Provide assistance with transportation planning and engineering studies and deliverables (e.g. reports, memos, presentations, public materials).
Compensation and Benefits Information:
BA Group pays a tiered salary structure based on academic year and prior work experience of the applicant. Details regarding compensation will be discussed at the interview.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
BA Group is an equal opportunity employer. Our workplace is dedicated to creating a culture that promotes inclusiveness, equality and diversity.